5 Things to Know About Eyelid Surgery
Maybe you've tried everything to correct eye puffiness and sagging eyelids, but you've just gotten nowhere. Or maybe your drooping eyelids have become such a problem that they're affecting your vision. No matter what is causing your eye issues, it may be time to consider eyelid surgery. Also known as blepharoplasty, this simple procedure can leave you feeling and looking better than ever. Here are a few good things to know about eyelid surgery:
1. Eyelid surgery is actually one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures. The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranks eyelid surgery as No. 5 behind liposuction, breast augmentation, tummy tucks and breast lifts.
2. There any many reasons people choose to undergo blepharoplasty and other eyelid surgeries. These include but are not limited to:
- Sagging or hooded eyelids
- Drooping lower eyelids that show the white of the eye under the iris
- Puffy appearance that makes eyes look tired all the time
- Bags and dark circles under eyes
3. Eyelid surgery isn't just for women. In 2015, more than 30,000 men underwent eyelid surgery. Men also report sagging and hooded eyelids; loose, wrinkled skin; and other eyelid issues that could be improved by blepharoplasty.
4. Many celebrities are rumored to have had eyelid surgery. It's a popular surgery among the Hollywood elite. Some have openly admitted to undergoing the surgery, while photographs of others speak for themselves. A few include:
- Renee Zellweger
- Cameron Diaz
- Paris Hilton
- Portia De Rossi
- Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Tom Cruise
- George Clooney
- Jane Fonda
- Clint Eastwood
- Betty White
5. The results usually last forever! This is a huge perk because many cosmetic procedures only last a few years before they need to be redone. The results of eyelid surgery usually last so long, they never have to be done again. For those who want a touch up as they age, something simple like Botox or a brow lift are all that may be needed.
If you have been considering eyelid surgery but aren't sure where to start, call Dr. Davis today at 817-778-4444. At Advanced Eyelid Surgery Center, we specialize in beautiful, healthy eyes.