XEOMIN® IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
Read the Medication Guide before you start receiving XEOMIN® (Zeo-min) and each time XEOMIN® is given to you as there may be new information. The risk information provided here is not comprehensive. To learn more:
- Talk to your health care provider or pharmacist
- Visit www.xeomin.com to obtain the FDA-approved product labeling
- Call 1-888-4-XEOMIN
XEOMIN® is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to treat:
- increased muscle stiffness in the arm of adults with upper limb spasticity
- abnormal head position and neck pain in adults with cervical dystonia (CD)
- abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in adults who have had prior treatment with onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®)
It is not known whether XEOMIN® is safe or effective in children
Do not take XEOMIN® if you: are allergic to XEOMIN® or any of the ingredients in XEOMIN® (see the end of this Guide for a list of ingredients in XEOMIN®), had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (Myobloc®), onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox®, Botox® Cosmetic), or abobotulinumtoxinA (Dysport®) or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Ask a doctor before use if you
- have a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome)
- have had any side effect from any other botulinum toxin in the past
- have a breathing problem such as asthma or emphysema
- have a history of swallowing problems or inhaling food or fluid into your lungs (aspiration)
- have bleeding problems
- have drooping eyelids
- have plans to have surgery
- have had surgery on your face
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if XEOMIN® can harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if XEOMIN® passes into breast milkEspecially
Tell your doctor if you
- have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last four months
- have received injections of botulinum toxin such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC) and abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®) in the past. Be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you received. The dose of XEOMIN® may be different from other botulinum toxin products that you have received.
- have recently received an antibiotic by injection
- take muscle relaxants
- take an allergy or cold medicine
- take a sleep medicine
- take a blood thinner medicine
Active Ingredients: incobotulinumtoxinA
Inactive Ingredients: human albumin and sucrose
For more information, please see XEOMIN full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide.
Call us to set up a FREE consultation at (817) 329-4480.