Botox For Wrinkles
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet lines in adults.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments and is approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries.* BOTOX® Cosmetic has a record of experience that aesthetic specialists know and trust. And, the safety and efficacy of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been evaluated in both Allergan sponsored clinical trials as well as in 417 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals
Derived from sources that exist in nature
BOTOX® Cosmetic contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum. Formulations, potency, and approved doses vary among botulinum toxin products, which means that one product cannot take the place of another. Those are a few reasons why there is no such thing as a “generic” form of BOTOX® Cosmetic. There have been no studies to support that other products are Unit-to-Unit equivalent to BOTOX® Cosmetic
A treatment experienced by millions of people
Approximately 10.9 million vials of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been sold in the United States since 2002, and millions of people have already made BOTOX® Cosmetic a part of what they do for themselves. Today, BOTOX® Cosmetic is the #1 selling product of its kind in the world.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT WITH TREATMENT?
Real, noticeable results
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months
The actual injection process takes about 10 minutes
Your specialist will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you
You’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable frown lines and crow’s feet
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment. You should not lose the ability to show expression when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults.
Other uses for Botox:
1. Manage acne. Botox can curb oil production, reducing breakouts.
2. Get a temporary face-lift. Botox can be used to shape the jaw and lift the tip of her nose, and relax wrinkles around her eyes and forehead every three months.
3. Mimic a nose job. So about that Botox nose-job thing: Around age 40, your nose can begin to sag and become more hooked, which can make your whole face appear droopy; Botox can help by lifting the nose and taking off years in about ten minutes. For this type of treatment, a doctor can inject Botox at the base of the nose (between the nostrils), which can release the depressor muscle that pulls the nose downward, making the whole face appear more lifted.
4. Soften your jawline and chin. Grinding your teeth can make your jawline wider over time; dermatologists can inject Botox into the area, which shrinks the muscle and narrows the jawline. The results, which last for a year, can also have other positive effects, like making your cheeks appear more lifted and relieving the pain and soreness that can result from teeth grinding.
5. Tighten jowls. If your jawline has become less defined, a little Botox along the muscles of the jawbone can pull the skin up for a crisp, defined effect.
6. Lift your lips. Dermatologists can also inject tiny drops of Botox along the upper lip border in order to roll the top lip up and out slightly so it appears plumper. It’s subtler than collagen injections, and because the technique requires less Botox than other areas of the face, it’s also less expensive.
7. Smooth your neck. Horizontal wrinkles can be temporarily erased with what some dermatologists call a “Botox necklace.” Tiny amounts are injected into the muscles above and below the lines, all the way around the neck; when they relax, the skin looks smoother. Neck muscles can start to enlarge and protrude as we age, resulting in the appearance of thick, tight cords. And if that didn’t already sound bad enough, the muscles in the neck and the superficial muscles of the face are connected to one another, so the neck can pull the rest of your facial features forward. Botox, once again, is the answer. Relaxing the neck muscles leads to softened wrinkles, gets rid of the cords, and lifts the face. Basically, it’s a nonsurgical face-lift. All of that sounds too good to be true until you remember that Botox breaks down every three to four months, so repeat visits will be necessary.
8. Youth-ify your décolleté. With age and sun exposure, lines can develop between the breasts for some women. To smooth them out, doctors can inject Botox into the pectoral muscles.
9. Stop migraines. The theory is that it blocks the pain signals being sent to the brain and that it relaxes the muscles in the head so they’re not as sensitive to pain. In this case, a doctor would inject Botox into the forehead, temples, and scalp. It’s appropriate for patients who have frequent migraine attacks that aren’t improving appropriately with traditional migraine medications. And it’s not without potential downsides. The problem is that neurologists who inject Botox for this reason don’t always consider the cosmetic result, and some patients come in with fully frozen foreheads and dropped brows.
10. Calm excessive sweating. Similar to the way Botox works on muscles, it prevents the message from your nerves from getting to your sweat glands. If the gland doesn’t get the signal, then it doesn’t produce sweat, which means there will be no wetness in that area. So doctors can use Botox to treat hyperhydrosis (medically diagnosed excessive sweating) by injecting the areas in the underarms or palms. Botox can be injected into the scalp, forehead, and temples, as well as the underarms, palms, and soles of the feet, to stop excessive sweating in those places for six months. The results are significant. This usage has been approved by the FDA, and for some people, it makes a major difference. It can be a life-changing treatment for people with pathological sweating.
Do not take BOTOX® Cosmetic if you: are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic (see Medication Guide for ingredients); had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA), or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA); have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Tell your doctor about all your muscle or nerve conditions, such as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease, myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, as you may be at increased risk of serious side effects including difficulty swallowing and difficulty breathing from typical doses of BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including: plans to have surgery; had surgery on your face; weakness of forehead muscles: trouble raising your eyebrows; drooping eyelids; any other abnormal facial change; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby); are breast-feeding or plan to (it is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk).
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Using BOTOX® Cosmetic with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received BOTOX® Cosmetic in the past.
Tell your doctor if you have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last 4 months; have received injections of botulinum toxin such as Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® in the past (tell your doctor exactly which product you received); have recently received an antibiotic by injection; take muscle relaxants; take an allergy or cold medicine; take a sleep medicine; take aspirin-like products or blood thinners
WHAT IS BRILLIANT DISTINCTIONS?
Brilliant Distinctions® is a rewards program that helps you SAVE.
Every time you get treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic, you’ll earn points for savings on future treatments or purchases. It’s easy, and free