Facial Treatments That Actually Work
In this day and age, most people are aware that surgical and rejuvenating injections and medical procedures will make a face look younger and more vibrant. But many prefer to maintain their skin without invasive procedures to keep themselves looking young and beautiful as long as possible.
The demand for maintenance skincare has fueled the opening of spas and med spas everywhere in the U.S. and throughout the world. But which facial treatments are worthwhile? What types of facials really work?
List of Worthwhile Facials:
What follows is a list of spa facial treatments that successfully keep your face looking fresher, brighter, and blemish free. Some of these treatments are relaxing and enjoyable, while others can cause a small, brief amount of discomfort:
- European facials: An aesthetician introduces steam to your face to break up and extract dirt and oils clogging any pores. Then he or she applies an exfoliating cleanse and hydrating cream. Relaxing massages and masks tend to accompany European facials.
- Laser skin rejuvenation: Laser light removes layers of skin so new skin cells will grow and replace the old, resulting in fewer wrinkles and a fresher look. Depending on the laser used, this treatment can cause some discomfort.
- Microdermabrasion: A fine grit applied to the face causes microabrasions in the skin. A vacuum then removes dead skin, dirt, and debris, but also stimulates collagen production as the abrasions heal.
- Cryotherapy: A practitioner uses the precision flow of a freezing agent such as carbon dioxide or liquid nitrogen to target and remove spots and blemishes. Again, some treatments are more comfortable than others.
- Radiofrequency treatment: Energy from radio frequencies targets and tightens wrinkles and problem areas on the face in a noninvasive, comfortable way. The results are significantly better than anti-aging creams.
When looking for a spa, make sure you carefully critique each location before choosing. Is a supervising physician closely involved with the spa? Do they offer a complete analysis of your face and skin? Ask them which beauty products they hand-pick and why!
Looking For Quality Med Spa Services? Look No Further
Dial 817.778.4444 today to set up an appointment with Dr. Mayli Davis to talk about your rejuvenation goals.